Hmmm. As a Marketing double major, I learned that the “About Me” page has a lot to do with whether someone reads your blog or not. People want to know who it is that they’re following, and it’s your job to tell them as quickly as possible in the “About Me” section. As a marketing intern last summer at an awesome study abroad company, I helped revamp the “About Us” pages. But it’s a lot more difficult to do when you’re writing about yourself.
First off, about this project… I’m going to live a year by the rules of improvisational theatre.
Next, about me, Liz. You don’t need to really know all the great details – you could find most of that out by googling me (oh, technology). Instead, I’ll tell you a few random facts that you may not know about me.
- I use 2 spaces instead of 1 after a period, because that’s the way that I learned to type. It’s not cheating.
- Apparently most families do not have a dessert array of 5+ options at the holidays. Mine do, and I’m not going to lie, with a sweet tooth like mine, it’s hard to resist the temptation to try a little bit of each one.
- I am Vulcan. Ask me for the story.
- I still fit into/wear some of the clothes I bought in middle school/early high school. Styles come back around, people, and when you were a fat child that grew into a lean-ish adult, it pays off.
- One time, my mom threw a surprise birthday party for me. When everyone jumped out, I was so excited/startled that I let one rip.
- I know all of the words to the song “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” by the Charlie Daniels Band.
- 7 is my favorite number, so I’ll stop here: I can ride a bicycle in heels and a skirt/dress while carrying an umbrella on a rainy day, without even flashing any car drivers that I pass. That’s mad skill.